Safety & Human Factors Consultant
Joseph (Joe) Cohen is the principal of Error Analysis, Inc. Joe is a safety and human factors consultant with deep understanding of accident investigation, ergonomics in design, and circumstances and settings that shape human behavior and human performance. A credentialed professional with a broad domestic and international experience base, Joe is skilled in projects, field work, and. forensic applications.
Joe is a Certified Human Factors Professional (CHFP), Certified Hazard Control Manager (CHCM), and Certified XL Tribometrist (CXLT). He holds advanced degrees in applied psychology, including Applied-Experimental psychology (human factors option) and Industrial-Organizational psychology. Joe also holds a 1st degree black belt in kenpo karate. As a young adult, he operated a successful after-school self-defense programs for youths in Los Angeles, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties.
During the early 2000s, Joe gained rich real-world experiences as a safety and human factors consultant with Error Analysis, leading projects in manufacturing, transportation, energy, retail, food service, and professional services work. In claims and litigation, Joe often addresses issues in falls, crashes, collisions, and exposures. He is routinely consulted by parties representing plaintiffs and defendants.
Joe is a husband and father of two children. He also enjoys guitars, baseball, and his pet Shih Tzu.
CredentialsJoe Cohen (partial list)
- Member, Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, Safety Technical Group, Forensics Professional Technical Group
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Psychology (1997), University of California, Riverside
- Master of Arts (MA), Psychology, Human Factors and Applied-Experimental option (2000), California State University, Northridge
- Master of Science (MS), Industrial-Organizational Psychology (2005), Alliant International University, San Diego
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Industrial-Organizational Psychology, industrial emphasis track (2009), Alliant International University, San Diego