Human Factors & Safety Expert Witness
Sometimes referred to as Dr. Cohen “the younger” to his father, H. Harvey Cohen, Joe has qualified and testified as a human factors and safety expert witness in the Superior Courts of El Dorado, Los Angeles, Monterey, Orange, Sacramento, San Bernardino, and San Diego, California, Superior Court of Maricopa County, Arizona, and the District Court of Clark County, Nevada. He has been retained as a human factors and safety expert witness in legal cases being prosecuted in thirteen states in America, as well as in the United Kingdom, Ireland, and Singapore.
Joe has provided sworn testimony as a human factors and safety expert witness in legal proceedings about subjects including but not limited to standards and violations, unsafe conditions and acts, impairments, hazard response and avoidance, attention and distraction, warnings and instructions, and fundamentals of biomechanics. Such testimony has been heard in premises liability, general negligence, motor vehicle, and. products liability causes of action since 2011.
Joe Cohen’s CV and rates are available upon request.
Joe Cohen (partial list)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Psychology (1997), University of California, Riverside
- Master of Arts (MA), Psychology, Human Factors and Applied-Experimental option (2000), California State University, Northridge
- Master of Science (MS), Industrial-Organizational Psychology (2005), Alliant International University, San Diego
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Industrial-Organizational Psychology, industrial emphasis track (2009), Alliant International University, San Diego
- Certified Human Factors Professional, Board of Certification in Professional Ergonomics
- Certified Hazard Control Manager, International Board for Certification Services Management
- Certified XL Tribometrist, Excel Tribometers, LLC
- Member, Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, Safety Technical Group, Forensics Professional Technical Group
- Member, American Society of Safety Professionals
- Member, ASTM International
- Member, International Code Council
- Associate Editor, Ergonomics in Design, Sage Publications (2014-2018)